Personal Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Policy (Policy) seeks to inform you how Sim Lian Group Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “the Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) manage the Personal Data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
This Policy sets out how we collect, use and disclose Personal Data provided by you to us. It does not affect any rights which the Company may have at law in connection with the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
By providing us with your Personal Data, you consent, agree and accept that we, as well as our representatives and/or agents may collect, use, disclose and share among ourselves your Personal Data as described in this Data Protection Policy.
“Personal Data” refers to any data or information about an individual who can be identified either from the data provided or from the data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Examples of such Personal Data which you may provide to us include the following:
- Your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided to us in any form, or through any other form of interaction with you;
- Information about your use of our websites and services;
- Your income, employment and education information; and
- Your bank account or credit card information, credit history and any banking and payment related information.
Collection Of Personal Data
Generally, we collect your Personal Data when:
- You browse our Websites with a cookie-enabled browser or register a User Account in our Website(s) or use any of our Website services and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- You do any online transactions (such as online shopping or making online purchases or bookings) on our Website(s) or through our third party service providers, or such other service providers we may engage from time to time;
- You download or use any of our mobile applications (apps);
- You apply to be a member of any of our programmes;
- You respond to our request for additional Personal Data, promotions, contests, market surveys and any other initiatives;
- You submit forms relating to any of the products or services provided;
- You subscribe to our mailing lists for email subscription, promotions, phone or other forms of marketing via telephone calls, messaging by SMS/ MMSs and WhatsApp;
- You interact with our representatives or Customer Service Officers via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, emails, submission of any form, feedback, requests and enquiries to us through our Websites, or contact us and disclose your Personal Data in any other way; and
- You submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
If you provide/ submit to us any Personal Data relating to any third party (e.g. information of your spouse, dependent, children, parents and/or employees), you warrant and represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party for us to collect, use and disclose their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
In order for us to serve you better with the relevant products and services, you shall ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us for any updating of your Personal Data.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data
Sim Lian Group, its subsidiaries and its agents, contractors and third party service providers as the case may be, may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your access to our Website(s) or the creation of your User Account to our Website(s);
- o enhance the customer service satisfaction and experience with us through conducting market research to identify your preferences and providing you with the services and products that have been requested;
- To facilitate your online transactions;
- To register and maintain you as a member of any of our programmes and to provide you the benefits of such membership;
- To facilitate your participation in our promotions, initiatives, market surveys, lucky draw or contests;
- To verify your personal particulars to process gift redemptions or process payment requests in relation to provision of services which you may be entitled to or requested for;
- To update you with promotional and marketing material via email, post or telephone where applicable;
- To respond and communicate with you on your queries, requests, complaints and feedback or to handle any dispute and investigations;
- To comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal and regulatory body or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by the relevant authorities; and 10. For purposes which are related to the aforesaid.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data may, depending on the products or services concerned, be disclosed to the following parties:
- Other entities and subsidiaries of Sim Lian Group;
- Third-party service providers and vendors (such as sub-contractors, agents or network operators) who have been contracted to perform business, support, operational, financial, research, and/or administrative functions or other services such as telecommunications, information technology, storage and archival etc;
- Third parties with whom we conduct joint marketing and promotional activities and/or sponsorships, including providing rewards or benefits;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions involving the Group;
- Our professional advisors such as auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government agencies and authorities and law enforcement agency to comply with any law or rules and regulations imposed;
- Banks, credit card companies, insurers, insurance investigators and their respective service providers; and
- Credit Bureau and any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres.
Your Personal Data may be transferred overseas from time to time as some of the above entities may be located outside of Singapore. Such transfers will be carried out in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your computer when you visit our Websites. It helps the website to remember information about your visit to make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
- To enable certain features and functions on Group Websites (e.g. remembering your user-ID, browsing and other product and/or service preferences)
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems or improve efficiency of Group Websites;
- To improve the contents of Group Websites and emails from us;
- To customize the contents of Group Websites and emails from us to suit your individual interests or purposes;
- To utilize your browsing history on Group Websites and the results of questionnaires for market research or marketing, including sending you advertisements via Group Websites;
- To obtain aggregated Group Website usage and visitation statistics;
- To administer services to you; and
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Links To Third Party Websites
Our websites may contain links to other third party websites and micro-sites. Please note that their privacy practices may differ from us. By leaving our websites and clicking on or accessing such links, we can no longer exercise control over any data or information which you provide to any other entity. Your Personal Data shall not be subjected to this Data Protection Policy if you submit Personal Data to any third party websites.
We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any site you visit. Any access to such other sites or pages is wholly at your own risk and we shall not be responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data protection and cookies), content or security of any third party websites linked to or from our websites.
Retention Of Information
Your Personal Data shall be retained as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with the applicable laws. We will take reasonable steps to protect the data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Should you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list or if your membership expires or withdraw your consent, please note that your Personal Data may still be retained in our database to the extent permitted.
We take reasonable care to keep your Personal Data secure, but we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to our Websites.
We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Provision of data electronically is at your own risk.
Withdrawal And Amending Your Personal Data
You may amend your Personal Data, or withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in the Policy in writing by emailing to email@example.com or by indicating your preference at the Concierge at Hillion Mall. Please note that it may take up to 14 working days for any request for consent withdrawal to be reflected in our system.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such event, where we require your Personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant Personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
Updates Of Personal Data Protection Policy
The Policy will be reviewed by the Group from time to time. Any changes we may make to our policy in the future will be posted on the website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries or complaints relating to your Personal Data.